Re: [nmh-workers] logging outgoing messages

From: Steven Winikoff
Subject: Re: [nmh-workers] logging outgoing messages
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2019 23:33:23 -0400

>But for the larger issue of whether or not you should submit email to
>your own SMTP server or your email provider's ... well, obviously my
>OPINION is that you should submit it to your email provider's server
>directly from nmh (see previous emails on why I think this).  But plenty
>of people disagree with me on this, and that's fine.  If you're the sort
>of person who doesn't have a problem configuring your own SMTP server,
>then fine, you should do that!

Thank you.  Between this and other comments, I've decided to revert to
having post communicate directly with my local SMTP server.

>But I think recommending that to people is a mistake; it creates the
>impression that you need to run your own SMTP server to use nmh, and that
>is absolutely not true.

Understood.  I'm comfortable enough with sendmail that running it on my
home system isn't a  problem, but I'm well aware that many people would
prefer not to have to do that.

     - Steven
Steven Winikoff                |
Montreal, QC, Canada           | "Stars are facts; constellations are
address@hidden               |  theories."
http://smwonline.ca            |                         - Michael F. Flynn