Re: [Nel] Exporter Plugin for 3DSMAX 4.0

From: Valerio Santinelli
Subject: Re: [Nel] Exporter Plugin for 3DSMAX 4.0
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2001 19:27:22 +0200

I've had to do some other things in order to get the plugin running.

In the docs, you're saying which ms scripts to move to the scripts directory of 3dsmax, but there are 2 scripts left out. I had to copy them both:

nel_flare.ms
nel_ps.ms

I'm also missing object_viewer.cfg
I cannot find it anywhere in NeL's cvs.

I'm also trying to compile the various .dlu and such but I'm stuck with this error:

--------------------Configuration: nel_mesh_lib - Win32 ReleaseDebug--------------------
Compiling...
calc_lm.cpp
C:\Programmi\Microsoft Visual Studio\MyProjects\nevrax\code\nel\tools\3d\plugin_max\nel_mesh_lib\calc_lm.cpp(256) : error C2440: 'initializing' : cannot convert from 'class ExclList' to 'class NameTab &'
        A reference that is not to 'const' cannot be bound to a non-lvalue
Error executing cl.exe.

I'm also attaching the diffs to the files I patched in order to work with 3dsmax 4.0 SDK.

--
c'ya!

Valerio Santinelli
address@hidden