[Nel] Exporter Plugin for 3DSMAX 4.0

From: Valerio Santinelli
Subject: [Nel] Exporter Plugin for 3DSMAX 4.0
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2001 18:37:55 +0200

hmm.. I got a new error I didn't notice before:

calc_lm.cpp
C:\Programmi\Microsoft Visual Studio\MyProjects\nevrax\code\nel\tools\3d\plugin_max\nel_mesh_lib\calc_lm.cpp(256) : error C2440: 'initializing' : cannot convert from 'class ExclList' to 'class NameTab &'
        A reference that is not to 'const' cannot be bound to a non-lvalue

But the three lines about min() and max() did miracles ;)

Here's an extract about the Class PatchEdge of the new Max SDK

class PatchEdge

This class describes a patch edge using the vertices at the edge ends, and the indices of the patches sharing the edge.  All methods of this class are implemented by the system.

Data Members:

public:

int v1;

Index of the first vertex.

int vec12;

Vector from v1 to v2.

int vec21;

Vector from v2 to v1.

int v2;

Index of second vertex.

IntTab patches;

Index of the patches using this edge. If the edge is only used by one patch, patches[1] will be less than zero. Note: Previous to R4.0 two separate integer variables (
patch1 and patch2) were used.

int aux1;

This is used to track topology changes during editing (Edit Patch).

int aux2;

This is used to track topology changes during editing (PatchMesh).

I'm going to try to patch the code myself.. let's see what happens ;)

--
c'ya!

Valerio Santinelli
address@hidden