nano-devel

Re: even smaller than morespace plus nohelp

From: pepa65
Subject: Re: even smaller than morespace plus nohelp
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2020 21:36:31 +0700

On 13/08/2020 20.10, Benno Schulenberg wrote:
> Op 09-08-2020 om 15:15 schreef pepa65:
>> Fields 1+2 and 4+5 would be all I really want of those 12 fields,
>
> With the alternative status bar you would get only 1 and 4.  Would that
> be good enough?  (When the length of lines is important, I use something
> like --guide=74, and the total number of lines is shown every time I press
> ^S, so I don't need 2 nor 5.)

I would not want to miss total length of the current line, and the guide
doesn't provide that. ^S to get to the total number of lines is a neat
trick, but I might not always want to save...

Is your concern lack of space or information that you don't want?
Maybe you can make that bar user configurable, so each user can choose
what information is desirable..?

> Probably the filename will have to be preceded by [1/2] when multiple
> files are open.
That would be sufficient information for me that there are other files.

Cheers,
Peter