Re: problem in installing monit on Red Hat Linux version - Fedoracore re

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: problem in installing monit on Red Hat Linux version - Fedoracore release 3
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 11:50:27 +0200

I think it is already documented:

--8<--
GENERAL OPERATION
In addition to the options above, monit can be started with one
of the following action arguments; monit will then execute the
action and exit without transforming itself to a daemon.

start all
   Start all services listed in the control file and
   enable monitoring for them. If the group option is
   set, only start and enable monitoring of services in
   the named group.
--8<--

and:

--8<--
DAEMON MODE
Simply invoking

  monit -d 300

will poll all services described in your ~/.monitrc file every 5 minutes.
--8<--

There is also the presentation which shows how to start monit in daemon mode using just 'monit' command:

http://www.tildeslash.com/monit/doc/monit.pdf

Martin

Navin Kumar wrote:
Great!!!!!
Monit is now working fine. Actually one needs to give 'monit start all'
command first to start all serviced and then the 'monit' command to
start
monit daemon.
Thanks for the quick update.
Martin, I have one suggestion here. The monit manual at url
http://www.tildeslash.com/monit/doc/manual.php does not mention this
point
at all that one has to execute only 'monit' to start monit daemon. The
document says that one should either specify -d option or use set daemon
instruction in control file to start monit as daemon. This point should
be included in the doc also. What do you say?
Again thanks a lot for the quick update.
Thanks
Navin