Re: monit sip program

From: Richard Z
Subject: Re: monit sip program
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2005 06:55:23 -1000

Hi,

I'd like to use monit to monitor a sip program. It periodically sends
a sip text message to the udp port 5060 and expects the answer back.
However it didn't seem to work. Any suggestion?

The config is something like this,
check process program with pidfile /var/run/program.pid
    start program = "/etc/init.d/rc.program start"
    stop program  = "/etc/init.d/rc.program stop"
    if failed port 5060 type udp
        send "OPTIONS sip:address@hidden"
        expect "SIP/2.0 200 OK"
     with timeout 2 seconds
     then alert

I can see the reply with ngrep. But monit still reports connection failed.

 I am using monit version 4.5 in Debian testing.

Thanks,
 Richard