Re: problem in installing monit on Red Hat Linux version - Fedora core r

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: problem in installing monit on Red Hat Linux version - Fedora core release 3
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 16:53:16 +0200

Navin Kumar wrote:
Hello

I am trying to run Monit on Red Hat Linux version - Fedora core release 3.

I extracted the downloaded gunzip file and then ran ./configure, make and make install. All these steps executes fine without any error. It creates an executable monit under /usr/local/bin as per documentation. After this I
start monit with command 'monit -v start all' in daemon mode.

The 'start all' doesn't start monit itself - it just instructs monit daemon which is already running to start all configured services.

To start monit, it is sufficient to:

1.) configure the monitrc file
2.) and run just the command 'monit'