Re: problem in installing monit on Red Hat Linux version - Fedora core r

From: Ben Hartshorne
Subject: Re: problem in installing monit on Red Hat Linux version - Fedora core release 3
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 07:53:13 -0700

On Thu, Oct 13, 2005 at 08:05:15PM +0530, Navin Kumar wrote:
> Hello
> I am trying to run Monit on Red Hat Linux version - Fedora core
> release 3.  I extracted the downloaded gunzip file and then ran
> ./configure, make and make install. All these steps executes fine
> without any error. It creates an executable monit under /usr/local/bin
> as per documentation. After this I start monit with command 'monit -v
> start all' in daemon mode. The verbose confirms the starting in the
> daemon mode. The start does not show any error.  But when I do 'monit
> status' or 'monit summary' I get: monit daemon is not  running. This
> is a problem as to why monit fails to run as daemon. I read the
> documentation of monit about platforms. It does not mention any such
> problem.  But I see this as some compatability problem with the Linux
> platform I am using.  It seems that that the monit script fails on
> trying to run monit as daemon on OS.  I am clueless because start does
> show any error. Can someone suggest the reason of the problem.
> Thanks Navin

Navin,

I run monit on fedora core3 without any trouble.

Could you post your /etc/monitrc file, so that we may see if it is a
configuration issue?

You could also add "set logfile /var/log/monit.log" to your monitrc to
enable logging - it might give you more information.

-ben

--
Ben Hartshorne
email: address@hidden