Re: [Proposal] control storage systems

From: Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Subject: Re: [Proposal] control storage systems
Date: 10 Oct 2002 21:05:44 +0200

<address@hidden> writes:

> So, perhaps I can now watch the diskspace on my news partition.
> Next, I'll be able to analze the content.
>
> I'd be more than happy to do much work on this.
>
> However, why don't we finish up the current work, release it, and
> add this to the next release.

Absolutely, lets say that the next release, that is 3.1 include item 2
and 3 from this list: http://www.tildeslash.com/monit/next.html. That
is, dependencies and SSL, these are pratically finnished I think ?

For the next major release (4.0?) we have

 1) Central configuration (Martin)
 2) Monitoring filesystems ++ (Rory + hauk)
 3) Web-services (instead of SNMP)
 4) Start work on a GTK or http/browser application for reporting status
    (Should we do GTK or web for the client? Personally I would like to
     play around a bit with GTK but web is probably easier)

What do you think?

--
Jan-Henrik Haukeland