[Proposal] control storage systems

From: Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Subject: [Proposal] control storage systems
Date: 09 Oct 2002 19:47:50 +0200

I read that IBM plans for its management software, Tivoli, to support
monitoring of file/storage systems.

http://news.com.com/2100-1001-960724.html?tag=cd_mh

This seems like an interesting idea for monit as well, kind of a next
natural evolutionary step for monit's ability. From the top off my
head I was thinking along the lines in the monit controlfile:

 if filesystem /usr/doc/* is > 90% then alert address@hidden
 if filesystem /dev/hda1 > 90% then alert address@hidden

 if filesystem /dev/hda1 > 90% then
   remove temporary files {*.bak, core, *.trc, *.tmp, *~ }

 Other suggestions?

What do you think?

--
Jan-Henrik Haukeland