Re: [Mldonkey-users] could you support my request? (xmule2 ui for mldonk

From: Petter E. Stokke
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] could you support my request? (xmule2 ui for mldonkey)
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 15:05:04 +0100

On Thu, 2003-10-30 at 10:05, devein wrote:
> hi!
>
> from xmule2.sourceforge.net :
>
> "xMule2 is a next generation file-sharing application that supports
> Windows/Linux/Mac OS platforms, separated core and highly customizable
> interface modules. "
>
> it has separate wxwindows user interface, so it could be used as mldonkey
> GUI.
>
> please tell what you think about this idea at :
>
> http://www.bbfree.com/xmule2/index.php?showtopic=56
>

> I hope there is someone who knows about mldonkey GUI protocol and C++ :)

Although I haven't looked at the xmule2 code, I doubt it would be
practical, because the mldonkey GUI protocol is very tied up to the
internal workings of mldonkey. Trying to map the xmule2 internals into
something resembling the mldonkey internals for the GUI protocol must be
nightmarish at best, and probably even completely impossible.

--
Petter E. Stokke <address@hidden> http://www.gibreel.net/
PGP key: http://www.gibreel.net/key.asc