Re: [Mldonkey-users] Tagging

From: Christian Klein
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Tagging
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2003 15:37:36 +0200

On Thu, Jun 05, 2003 at 02:28:33PM +0200, b8_bavard wrote:

> If we really want a consistent version scheme, maybe we should
> directly switch to 2.6 for the current version, and 2.7 for the
> development version, as for linux kernels...
That would be great.
At the moment I am totally confused which version I should use :)
Most people (including me) would be immediately familiar with
a Naming scheme like that of the kernel.

Maybe even add "devel" to the name, that would also make it clear for
non-Linux people or Linux-newbies.

i.e.

2.6 for the current stable release.
2.7devel for the development version.