[Mldonkey-users] Re: mldonkey disconnects after downloading 1 chunk?

From: Sven Hartge
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] Re: mldonkey disconnects after downloading 1 chunk?
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 22:37:46 +0100

Brett Dikeman <address@hidden> wrote:
> At 6:32 PM +0100 2/25/03, Michael Onnen wrote:

>> While talking to some guy who runs an upload-only emule on a very
>> fast line, I discovered the following problem: mldonkey always gets
>> exactly one complete chunk from him and then apparently disconnects,
>> only to get the next chunk after min_reask_delay.

> I've noticed the same behavior- on a file nobody really wants, but is
> shared by someone with a ton of bandwidth, its obvious when this is
> happening, because you get insane speeds(100kb/sec) and then for 10
> minutes, nothing...then 100kb/sec again, and so on.  I would think the
> proper behavior would be to immediately ask the client for another
> block.

This is seemingly the behavior of eMule: If your are downloadung chunk X
and this source also has chunk Y available, eMule requests the next
chunk immediatelly after finishing chunk X.

I confirmed this by downloading one file from my lokal mldonkey to my
lokal emule, which happily streamed accross the file at about 4MBit
(still a bit low for the lo-device).

The other direction shows the behavior you described.

S°

--
142 Reasons, Why You Can't Find Your System Administrator
82. They finally caught him/her for that -big site-masacre (s)he thought