Re: [Mldonkey-users] Internet connection totally breaks down when mldonk

From: Debian Abuser
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Internet connection totally breaks down when mldonkey is running
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 02:16:00 +0100

On Sun, Feb 16, 2003 at 04:40:58PM +0100, Karl Bress wrote:
> I have a Linux - system with kernel 2.4.19, mldonkey 2.02 and an
> internet-connection via adsl. Ping to google.de normally is about 140ms. When
> mldonkey is running and building up connections, the ping raises up to
> 16000ms!!!!! I don't think that is ok.... I am using iptables, and the system
> is an Athlon1400 and 512 MB RAM. Any ideas?? Bandwidth for uploading is rated
> to 5k, download rate is not rated.

i recently experienced something similar, my connection went down to the
point of no longer doing anything when running mldonkey 2.02 for a
couple of minutes. i had LOTS of 'router kernel: ip_conntrack: table full,
dropping packet.'
errors in my logs.
i've got debian installed on my router, a p75 with 24 mb, kernel is
2.4.20, i'm  using iptables to forward to mldonkey which is running on a
faster machine in my lan.

i fixed this by doing "echo 8192 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_conntrack_max"
on my router and it runs fine ever since, for about a month now.

maybe this helps, matthias