Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] stack smashing on i686 with -O3 since da82d07

From: Moritz Bunkus
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] stack smashing on i686 with -O3 since da82d07dbe
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2015 09:26:17 +0100

Hey,

> >> --with-rcc=${qtbin}/rcc -with-boost=~/mxe-reorg-build-pkg/usr/${host}
>
> Fixed but the error remains.

Don't use ~ in the middle of a word. Neither bash nor zsh expand that by
default:

[0 address@hidden ~] echo $SHELL
/bin/zsh
[0 address@hidden ~] echo ~/prog
/home/mosu/prog
[0 address@hidden ~] echo --with-boost=~/prog
--with-boost=~/prog
[0 address@hidden ~] bash
0 arch address@hidden ~ $ echo ~/prog
/home/mosu/prog
0 arch address@hidden ~ $ echo --with-boost=~/prog
--with-boost=~/prog

So try --with-boost=$HOME/…

Look, I'm not trying to be insulting, but the way it's written
README.Windows.md does work. I'm using the exact same setup with the
same arguments to configure on my Buildbot installation. So it's
something on your end as you're using a different setup and different
arguments.

> They exists. The boots libraries have "-mt.a" in their names, e.g.,
> "libboost_random-mt.a".

That's OK, the configure macros allow for that. Those are the macros by
the GNU project, BTW, I haven't written them myself, and they do work.

> > You don't need --enable-qt (it's the default), and even if you did it
> > would need two dashes, --enable-qt, and not just one, -enable-qt.

Meh, --enable-qt was still mentioned in README.Windows.md. It's really
not needed anymore, and I'll remove it, but adding it won't have any
impact either.

Kind regards,
mosu