Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] stack smashing on i686 with -O3 since da82d07

From: Tony Theodore
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] stack smashing on i686 with -O3 since da82d07dbe
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2015 20:27:57 +1100

> On 22 Oct 2015, at 18:41, Moritz Bunkus <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> Any ideas what the issue might be here, what more I could do in order to
> pin this down or where to file bug reports?

Browsing the libssp changelog[1], it looks there’s only one recent change[2]
that
could cause this. If you’re lucky, reversing that will return the old behaviour.

If it’s something in the optimisation code, I wouldn’t know where to start but
you’ll need a minimal test case and to determine if it’s specific to mingw-w64
or
a general gcc issue.

Cheers,

Tony