Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] stack smashing on i686 with -O3 since da82d07

From: Nagaev Boris
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] stack smashing on i686 with -O3 since da82d07dbe
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2015 17:38:29 +0300

On Sun, Oct 25, 2015 at 11:26 AM, Moritz Bunkus <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hey,

>> Fixed but the error remains.
>
> Don't use ~ in the middle of a word. Neither bash nor zsh expand that by
> default:
>
> [0 address@hidden ~] echo $SHELL
> /bin/zsh
> [0 address@hidden ~] echo ~/prog
> /home/mosu/prog
> [0 address@hidden ~] echo --with-boost=~/prog
> --with-boost=~/prog
> [0 address@hidden ~] bash
> 0 arch address@hidden ~ $ echo ~/prog
> /home/mosu/prog
> 0 arch address@hidden ~ $ echo --with-boost=~/prog
> --with-boost=~/prog
>
> So try --with-boost=$HOME/…

Thanks! This helped.

I have configured with the following command:
$ ./configure --host=${host} --with-mkvtoolnix-gui
--with-moc=${qtbin}/moc --with-uic=${qtbin}/uic
--with-rcc=${qtbin}/rcc
--with-boost=$HOME/mxe-reorg-build-pkg/usr/${host}

$ ./drake
LINK src/mkvinfo.exe
src/info/sys_windows.o:sys_windows.cpp:(.text.startup+0x29): undefined
reference to `qt_static_plugin_QWindowsIntegrationPlugin()'

Probably Qt is needed.

Then I reconfigured with --enable-qt --enable-static-qt and replaced
-O2 with -O3 in build-config.
The build artifact mkvinfo.exe was copied to Windows XP and the
problem was reproduced there:

*** stack smashing detected ***:  terminated

The next step is to provide the minimal program reproducing the crash.

--

Best regards,
Boris Nagaev