Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] stack smashing on i686 with -O3 since da82d07

From: Moritz Bunkus
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] stack smashing on i686 with -O3 since da82d07dbe
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2015 10:43:47 +0100

Hey,

> There’s a couple of missing `autoreconf` steps

Only if you're using the version from git instead of a release, but yes,
that should be mentioned.

> and out-of-source builds don’t seem to work,

That's correct. I don't use automake, and I've never found the
motivation to implement support for out-of-source builds.

> Most of the executables have the “stack smashing” message, but not the
> mkvtoolnix-gui.exe (which simply doesn’t launch without any sort of
> feedback). That should help narrow it down, just pick the simplest
> tool and start from there.

I'm not exactly sure what to do. As the program doesn't even reach main
(gdb, put breakpoint on main, run, crash happens before breakpoint is
reached) it may be a problem with static initialization, so I could… I
don't know… uncomment all those static vars and leave them only default
initialized or something like that.

Kind regards,
mosu