Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] size increasing in binaries due to feature bl

From: LM
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] size increasing in binaries due to feature bloat/creep/whatever
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 08:18:29 -0400

Moritz Bunkus wrote:
>With today's clone (2274:ef83114beb3c) it has gotten bigger: 6445850,
>without changing any of the compiled-in libraries on my side (meaning
>the "make" command I used for building mingw-cross-env was the same in
>both cases).

Couldn't help wondering if all the executables, libraries, etc. are
being stripped.  I know I saw some code in the main Makefile for
stripping.  However, I also remember switching from using one version
of MinGW to a later version and being very surprised about how large
my executables became.  Ended up stripping them and they went back to
more of an expected size.  Just thought I'd mention it as a
possibility to look into.

Sincerely,
Laura
http://www.distasis.com/cpp