Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Preparation of release 2.9

From: Volker Grabsch
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Preparation of release 2.9
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2009 00:30:07 +0200

Tony Theodore <address@hidden> schrieb:
> 2009/10/6 Volker Grabsch <address@hidden>
> >
> > It would be great if you'd re-check everything, based on the current
> > version 471 (changeset bf5c51b76a90).
> >
> Open Solaris builds the native tools, but is failing at the cross build, in
> roughly the same place as freebsd and osx. Adding a "-platform solaris-g++"
> option to configure allows the build to continue, but similar respective
> changes don't work for the other platforms. It's strange, solaris is trying
> to use CC without the option and uses i686-pc-mingw32-g++ when it's present,
> the other two use g++ regardless. I've attached the solaris log.

This must be a cross-platform bug in their hand-written ./configure
script. We need further research on that.

> As an aside, where/what is CC ? I can't find a file, link, alias, or env
> variable for it on freebsd or osx, but 'which CC' always returns
> /usr/bin/CC.

Maybe it's really the name of C compiler in Solaris? I don't know,
but Qt's "mkspecs/solaris-cc/qmake.conf" really contains lines like:

    QMAKE_CXX               = CC
    QMAKE_LINK              = CC

However, that still doesn't explain why these settings are used for
cross compiling.

> OSX still needs cp -pR (though installing coreutils and linking gcp to cp
> allows the cp -a to work).

This is really strange. I can't find any "cp -a" command, neither in
the Qt build system nor in mingw-cross-env. Where exactly is it called?
Are you sure you tested against the current, unmodified version of
mingw-cross-env?

Greets,

Volker Grabsch
Administrator