Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Preparation of release 2.9

From: Martin Lambers
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Preparation of release 2.9
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2009 06:09:12 +0200

On Tue, 06. Oct 2009, 02:41:06 +0200, Volker Grabsch wrote:
> Martin Lambers <address@hidden> schrieb:
> > On Mon, 05. Oct 2009, 03:39:46 +0200, Volker Grabsch wrote:
> > >     Everyone is invited to help!
> >
> > However, it would be nice to have additional support for QtOpenGL. The
> > attached patch enables this; I kept is as close to the current
> > qt-win32.patch as possible.
>
> Thanks for your work. I'd like to include it, however ...
>
> > +             echo " You might need to modify the include and library
> > search paths by editing"
> > +             echo " QMAKE_INCDIR_OPENGL, QMAKE_LIBDIR_OPENGL and
> > QMAKE_LIBS_OPENGL in"
> > +             echo " ${XQMAKESPEC}."
> > +-            exit 1
>
> I don't think it's a good idea to demand editing the QMAKE_xxx
> constants. Instead, we should provide the correct values in first
> place. The makespec file is modified by the patch anyway. :-)

These messages were in the configure script before. The only change
to qt-win32.patch added by me is this change to configure:

-            exit 1
+echo NOTICE: This is a specially modifed configure script!
+echo For our purposes we do not want the OpenGL functionality test.
+#            exit 1

This disables configure failure when the OpenGL/GLX tests fail. It is
analogous to the existing change to X11 tests.

It just looks as if I added the QMAKE_xxx message because the patch
patched a patch :)  I attach the resulting qt-win32.patch for clarity.

Martin