mediagoblin-devel

Re: Running multiple site from one binary install

From: ayleph
Subject: Re: Running multiple site from one binary install
Date: Thu, 14 May 2020 09:24:12 -0700

On 5/14/20 8:57 AM, Matt Connell wrote:
> On 2020-05-14 10:41, ayleph wrote:
>> That's an interesting idea. I've always just created multiple
>> virtualenvs to run multiples sites from the same machine.
>
> To both ayleph and the OP,
>
> If it were me in need of running multiple instances, and I had the
> hardware horsepower (specifically memory) to do it, I would use
> independent Docker containers.

That sounds like it's probably a "better" solution. I've never taken the
time to learn how to use Docker, but many people have asked about it in
IRC over the years.

Would you like to add some details to the wiki? I don't remember how
much work is required to get an account and start editing pages. I think
we had problems with spam at one point and may have done something to
lock it down. You're absolutely welcome to give it a try if you're so
inclined, and I apologize in advance if it doesn't work out or requires
a lot of effort.

This is the only page where Docker is mentioned.

https://wiki.mediagoblin.org/EasyDeployment

--
ayleph