mediagoblin-devel

Running multiple site from one binary install

From: Olivier Mehani
Subject: Running multiple site from one binary install
Date: Wed, 13 May 2020 23:10:41 +1000

Hi again,

I am currently running my MG instance in the user_dev mode, where all the media data is co-located with the binaries and the rest of the software install.

I've never been able to work out a way to separate those. Essentially, something like:
* /opt/mediagoblin <- all the software, lib and code
* /srv/site <- custom ini files, database, and media

I've been playing around a lot with system files and config, but I've never managed to start MG in a way that's completely independent from where the software is installed. I suspect there is something to do with the %(here) template variable in a few spots in the config, but have not manage to work out how to set it to point somewhere else.

With this setup, this would also allow me to run multiple sites from a single install, say, by dropping a different config and data dirs in /srv/site2.

Any suggestion as to how to do this? Is it doable at all?

--
Olivier Mehani <address@hidden>
PGP fingerprint: 4435 CF6A 7C8D DD9B E2DE  F5F9 F012 A6E2 98C6 6655