Re: Re: New make PATH problem(?)

From: Chris Sutcliffe
Subject: Re: Re: New make PATH problem(?)
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 23:19:14 -0400

I've finally had some time to dig in to this and I've found the problem.

For some reason, with the patched 3.81, when I run configure from MSYS
the following is defined:

#define PATH_SEPARATOR_CHAR ':'

Which doesn't make sense when running in cmd.com, since that's not the
path separator.  When I comment out that line in config.h and build
make, everything works like it should:

[ironhead] 04/16/08 23:13:39.49
C:\cygwin\usr\src\make\build5>make -f \source\Makefile --debug=vj
GNU Make 3.81
PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

This program built for i686-pc-mingw32
find_and_set_shell path search set default_shell = C:/MSYS/bin/sh.exe
Reading makefiles...
Reading makefile `\source\Makefile'...
Updating goal targets....
Considering target file `all'.
 File `all' does not exist.
 Finished prerequisites of target file `all'.
Must remake target `all'.
echo hello
Main thread handle = 0x00000794
hello
Successfully remade target file `all'.

So now I need to figure out why PATH_SEPARATOR_CHAR define is getting
set with all the patches applied.  Eli, would you have any ideas?

Chris

--
Chris Sutcliffe
http://emergedesktop.org