Re: New make PATH problem(?)

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: New make PATH problem(?)
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2008 06:25:13 +0300

> Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2008 21:16:06 -0400
> From: "Chris Sutcliffe" <address@hidden>
>
> Sending to the list sorry for the direct email Eli...
>
> On Sat, Apr 12, 2008 at 9:14 PM, Chris Sutcliffe wrote:
> > >  So the reason for this problem could only be the way the Make binary
> >  >  was built, perhaps the libraries it was linked against or something.
> >
> >  FWIW, the binary on the MinGW site I created with the following:
> >
> >  ../make-3.81-patched/configure \
> >   --disable-dependency-tracking \
> >   --disable-nls \
> >   --enable-case-insensitive-file-system \
> >   --disable-job-server \
> >   --disable-rpath \
> >   --program-prefix=mingw32- \
> >   --target=mingw32 \
> >   --prefix=/mingw
> >  make CFLAGS="-s -O2 -mms-bitfields -mtune=i686"
> >  for i in `find . -type f -iname dir`; do rm $i; done
> >  make SHELL=/bin/sh.exe prefix=`cd ../dist;pwd` install
> >
> >  from an MSYS shell.  Is there something in here (perhaps a configure
> >  option) that I should not have used (or is there one I should use)?

Don't see anything wrong here, but then I always build Make by using
the supplied build_w32.bat batch file and config.h.W32, not by running
the configure script.

Also, what is the version of MinGW headers and libraries you have
installed?  I use the latest official releases: 3.14 for MinGW
runtime, 3.11 for w32api.  (I also used the older version 3.7 before
that, and the binary worked with it as well.)