Re: New make PATH problem(?)

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: New make PATH problem(?)
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 08:28:38 -0400

> Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 23:19:14 -0400
> From: "Chris Sutcliffe" <address@hidden>
>
> I've finally had some time to dig in to this and I've found the problem.
>
> For some reason, with the patched 3.81, when I run configure from MSYS
> the following is defined:
>
> #define PATH_SEPARATOR_CHAR ':'
>
> Which doesn't make sense when running in cmd.com, since that's not the
> path separator.

That is indeed the source of the problem.

> So now I need to figure out why PATH_SEPARATOR_CHAR define is getting
> set with all the patches applied.  Eli, would you have any ideas?

Probably because the MSYS port of Bash sets $PATH_SEPARATOR to `:',
and configure picks that up (see configure.in).

I don't know how to fix this, since the MSYS shell can be used to
configure both the MSYS port of Make and the native port, and I don't
know enough about MSYS to suggest a solution that will support both
possibilities.  Earnie, could you please advise?