Re: make/tests issues

From: Paul D. Smith
Subject: Re: make/tests issues
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2004 11:45:52 -0500

%% Regarding Re: make/tests issues; you wrote:

  jg> How does perl write the base files?  I did not spot any code that
  jg> does this.

The contents of the base file are passed as an argument to
compare_output().  Check out the regression test script.

  jg> Wherever perl is writing these base files it just needs to write
  jg> "\r\n".  This could be based on an "if($windows32)" check or so.
  jg> I am not clear where the base processing is though.

As Eli points out, this should not be necessary.  In fact, it might even
cause problems on systems using apps compiled in different ways.  I
agree with his assessment: we just have to make the requirement that all
the tools you're using are of the same type: either all Cygwin-compiled,
or all not Cygwin compiled (since Cygwin seems to be doing things
differently than everyone else in this respect).