Re: make/tests issues

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: make/tests issues
Date: Sat, 06 Mar 2004 13:42:43 +0200

> Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 18:35:42 -0500
> From: "Paul D. Smith" <address@hidden>
>
> %% "J. Grant" <address@hidden> writes:
>
>   jg> Ok, I think running something like:
>
>   jg> "tr -d \r <comments.log >normalised_comments.log"
>
>   jg> on each output file would mean the diff comparisons would be able
>   jg> to use the normal LF format files included in the distribution.
>   jg> Could something like this be added?
>
> Well, that's not very portable.  It obviously won't work on Windows
> ports without any sort of UNIX emulation, at the very least.

Why is there a need for this?  The Make test suite calls "diff -c" to
compare the expected output with the actual one; a well-ported Diff
will compare two files which are identical except for the Unix- vs
Wndows-style end-of-line format issue as being identical.  Why doesn't
it happen in the OP's case?