lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] lynx word bleeding?

From: Luke at Shellworld Support
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] lynx word bleeding?
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2022 07:28:12 +0000 (UTC)

On Fri, 28 Jan 2022, Mouse wrote:

> At one of my jobs, they have decided to use Google for mail rather than
> anything sane.  Initially, I wanted to fetch the mail and inject it
> into my mailbox, but Google decided my mail-fetch client wasn't secure
> enough (without, of course, explaining what was wronjg wit hit or what
> I needed to do to "fix" it - never mind the issue of telling me how I
> am allowed to handle my own mail).

You may find one of the solutions here to be useful.

https://www.lifewire.com/unlock-gmail-for-a-new-email-program-or-service-1171974

I am using the first one to access gmail from alpine on Linux, which
Google absolutely won't let you do otherwise.

I have never tried the app-specific password method.

Luke