lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] help with ff.net.

From: Thorsten Glaser
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] help with ff.net.
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 2020 06:14:45 +0000 (UTC)

Karen Lewellen dixit:

> The thing  about using a downloader program is that you get the stories, in
> text, without advertising allowing you to just open the file in lynx if you
> want to read that way, or off line.

Yeah, I can do that without an extra program if needed, but it’s bothersome.

> i would get captchas when  trying to leave a review.  Also when attempting to
> log in with my incomplete for this reason ffn account.

Ah, okay. I don’t have an FFN account because their terms of use require
people wanting to register to swear they won’t work on a competing site,
and this is a limitation I’m not putting myself under. (Work on, as in,
help to program or run one, not as in post there.)

bye,
//mirabilos
--
21:41⎜«Tonnerre:#nosec» Do at least one thing every day which makes
     ⎜    inspirational quotes lovers sad