lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] help with ff.net.

From: Karen Lewellen
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] help with ff.net.
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 2020 13:12:18 -0500 (EST)

Hi David,
But that is part of what makes this situation so unique.
Fanfiction.net experienced a distributed denial-of-service attack.
Granted, I may be wrong, but that kind of flooding tends to take computer bots, certainly scripted software. However, instead of the individual right now, it is the download programs, of which there are a few, that can bypass the captcha, reach the site and get content. Individuals would get the ads, but individuals are blocked. Programs like caliber which has a fanfiction plug in, and fanfiction downloader which I understand just gets stories, both letting you create a library? Their developers can code past or hack past the door. One would think it might work in reverse, computer programs being blocked, but individuals getting through.
Kare