lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] help with ff.net.

From: Thorsten Glaser
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] help with ff.net.
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 2020 00:18:06 +0000 (UTC)

Hi Karen,

I’ve got the same problem. There is, unfortunately, no way to enable
FFN for lynx at all, not even by trying to solve the CAPTCHA in Firefox
and porting cookes, because the Cloudflare idiots are currently in a
“we’re under attack!” mode in which they block all “unknown” browsers.
Firefox users aren’t even shown the CAPTCHA, only lynx, links+, w3m etc.

I even tried to mimic the Firefox HTTP request with cURL only to be
denied, so they even check the order in which the HTTP headers arrive
and evil things like that.

I’ve tried to reach Cloudflare to complain on their website and via
Twitter and have yet to get some response at all, and others whom I
asked said I better not hold my breath for it.

It should be possible to read stories using archive.org though.

I’ve currently switched to reading manga, and to reading fanfictions
on AO3 instead, which is… less satisfying, due to the different amount
and focus of those available there.

Since you’re an actual user in America with accessibility problems,
maybe you can have a letter written, perhaps by a lawyer even,
complaining with some non-discriminatory act, ADA or something,
as base, asking them to fix that. As I reside in Europe and can’t
claim relevant disabilities, they’d just laugh at me should I try.

Good luck,
//mirabilos
--
If Harry Potter gets a splitting headache in his scar
when he’s near Tom Riddle (aka Voldemort),