lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Force PPP TermReq (Lwip 2.0.0 RC2)

From: Greg Smith
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Force PPP TermReq (Lwip 2.0.0 RC2)
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2016 16:21:43 +0000

Hi, Sylvain and Patrick.
Thank you for your replies.

I did turn on the LCP Echo function and that has made the whole system more stable by at least trying to reconnect after a failed peer. However, there is still a state that I can get into where even that doesn't break the link on the non-Lwip peer and where that same peer appears to be ignoring new LCP negotiation. But I haven't figured out how to reliably(?) get into this failed state to really do good debugging.

I totally agree this would be nice to have a data trace. I do already have a facility to output printf() data to a console or Telnet session. However, when I turned on all those options (PRINTPKT_SUPPORT was the only one I didn't already have on), I don't see it outputting any packet data during LCP. Should I be seeing payload bytes during this phase?

I am running an RS485 bus, so I could hook another device in to "listen" to all the traffic. Unfortunately, that's going to get me a lot of bytes, but minimal decoding. Do you know of any good tools where I could dump raw bytes and get packet decoding back out? (Or even a tool to hang on the serial line and decode live?)

Thanks.
-- G