lwip-members

Re: [lwip-members] whitespace and CVS commits/diffs

From: David Haas
Subject: Re: [lwip-members] whitespace and CVS commits/diffs
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 09:11:35 -0500

Actually, I just checked the setup of my editor (emacs) and I am pretty sure I have not been putting in tabs. Where were they? I want to make sure emacs is not doing something I don't expect.

Thanks,
David.

David Haas wrote:

I've been using 4 spaces. I'll change it to 2. I don't think I've been putting in tabs.

David.

address@hidden wrote:

Hello committers,

the combination of everyone using different white-space settings,
along with CVS checkins of changed whitespace, really makes it hard
to peer-review changes made by others.

Search on "tabs" in the lwip-members archive, we had a small
topic on this earlier.

- The idea is to use "spaces only, 2 spaces per indent".
- Do not allow your editor to change tabs and spaces automatically.
- Make sure your editor inserts spaces for each tab you press.

This, and possible committing only non-whitespace changes in CVS,
will really allow us to diff between revisions in a sane manner.

Is this satisfactory with everyone else, or do people prefer tabs?

Regards,

Leon Woestenberg