lwip-members

Re: [lwip-members] whitespace and CVS commits/diffs

From: Leon Woestenberg
Subject: Re: [lwip-members] whitespace and CVS commits/diffs
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 13:52:25 +0100

Hello,

> yes I prefer the current way in lwIP code at least
> I suppose you are reffering to David's recent changes
> which use tabs.He was not on the members list and I think it's there
> that the discussion took place but with this thread
> he can have no excuse any longer ;)

Yes, I came across this when David patches came in, but this
is a generic issue. I am using different editors at different platforms
on different computers, so I find myself with a lot of whitespace
patching as well.

This is especially cumbersome if a patched line has different indenting
than it's neighbouring lines.

> Do you know of an indent incantation or Adam's original editor
> setting to produce code like the current one?

No. What I basically do is ensure my editor does not convert anything
to anything when loading. And most of the times, I keep an eye on things
using the "view whitespace" setting.

Leon.