lwip-members

[lwip-members] debug and assert

From: Jani Monoses
Subject: [lwip-members] debug and assert
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2003 19:08:21 +0200

Hi
I thought of adding LWIP_ prefixes to  ASSERT and DEBUGF to avoid namespace
clashes.
Also to make debug.h platform independent have the archs define
LWIP_PLATFORM_{DEBUGF,ASSERT}
so no more stdio.h fflush() and abort() in generic code.

Thinking about where these macros will be provided by platforms I think there
are already too many
header files per arch.I can think of a smaller and more managable organization
if noone opposes
changing the current layout.For instance having a separate header just for
#define BYTE_ORDER is
ridiculous.These are not headers exported to apps with well defined scope and
interface;
they are platform specific thingies and would better stay in one or two headers
instead.
lwip being small there's no problem with large compilation times due to
including irrelevant data.
a sys_arch.h file is no more than a couple of pages.
thoughts?

Jani.