lwip-members

Re: [lwip-members] debug and assert

From: Florian Schulze
Subject: Re: [lwip-members] debug and assert
Date: Fri, 07 Feb 2003 15:35:51 +0100

On Thu, 6 Feb 2003 19:08:21 +0200, Jani Monoses <address@hidden> wrote:

Hi
I thought of adding LWIP_ prefixes to ASSERT and DEBUGF to avoid namespace clashes. Also to make debug.h platform independent have the archs define LWIP_PLATFORM_{DEBUGF,ASSERT}
so no more stdio.h fflush() and abort() in generic code.

Thinking about where these macros will be provided by platforms I think there are already too many header files per arch.I can think of a smaller and more managable organization if noone opposes changing the current layout.For instance having a separate header just for #define BYTE_ORDER is ridiculous.These are not headers exported to apps with well defined scope and interface; they are platform specific thingies and would better stay in one or two headers instead. lwip being small there's no problem with large compilation times due to including irrelevant data.
a sys_arch.h file is no more than a couple of pages.
thoughts?

Jani.

I say go for it. I will do my msvc port after I see how you arrange the header files.

Florian