lwip-members

[lwip-members] UDP_FLAGS_CONNECTED in udp.c or socket layer?

From: leon . woestenberg
Subject: [lwip-members] UDP_FLAGS_CONNECTED in udp.c or socket layer?
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2003 15:23:25 +0100

Hello all,

Jani, regarding the latest changes in udp.c:

Your changes are adding a connect flag in the udp structures:

/* unconnected? */
if(((pcb->flags & UDP_FLAGS_CONNECTED) == 0) &&

I am not sure udp.c is the right place to do this... The notion of a
connected "UDP" socket is really a socket thing, not a PCB
thing.

For example, what happens if someone calls

udp_connect(IP_ADDR_ANY, 0);

The UDP PCB connection is not really connected anymore, but
the UDP_FLAGS_CONNECTED flag will be set.

The UDP PCB will become dead, as no exact match will occur,
but neither will a half-exact match work, because of this check in
udp.c/udp_input():

/* unconnected? */
if(((pcb->flags & UDP_FLAGS_CONNECTED) == 0) &&

Either we implement the full "connect"/"accept" like behaviour
in UDP, or we implement these at the socket layer. I hope to
get some feedback on this.

Regards,

Leon Woestenberg

Axon Digital Design