lmi

Re: [lmi] Unexpected character in file history

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re: [lmi] Unexpected character in file history
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2016 19:27:46 +0200

On Mon, 13 Jun 2016 13:39:29 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:

GC> When I pull down the "File" menu, history now looks like this:
GC>   1 □quote.cns
GC>   2 □quote2.cns
GC> I'm not sure the square character is unicode "WHITE SQUARE"; it could
GC> be something else with a similar appearance. No such character is
GC> shown with last month's release; could this be a wx regression?

 I'm afraid this might indeed be the case. I didn't have time to test it
yet, but I expect you to see this under Windows XP and I guess that it must
be affected by this change:

https://github.com/wxWidgets/wxWidgets/commit/e5e92c92ce5982662cb6c5dfd0f355ddb075da47

 Making it condition on OS version, i.e. only doing it for Windows Vista or
later, should probably fix the problem and I'll make this change after
testing under XP myself.

 Thanks for noticing this,
VZ