lmi

Re: [lmi] Segfault: new wx vs. old wxPdfDoc?

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re: [lmi] Segfault: new wx vs. old wxPdfDoc?
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2016 19:30:21 +0200

On Mon, 13 Jun 2016 17:05:29 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:

GC> Trying to run a group quote produces a segfault. Could it be that we
GC> need to update wxPdfDoc now that we've updated wx? Or should I just
GC> try rebuilding wxPdfDoc (which I didn't do but probably should have)?

 Yes, absolutely, wxPdfDoc uses wxWidgets and must be rebuilt after any
ABI-incompatible changes in wxWidgets headers -- and there have been
plenty of those since 4 months.

 Unfortunately I don't think we can really do anything about this, we can
detect incompatibility between different wxWidgets version but between
different builds of the same version and doing this would basically require
maintaining another version number which would need to be increased after
each and every ABI-incompatible change and I don't think introducing it is
going to be easy or popular.

 So you just need to remember to update everything depending on wxWidgets
whenever you update the library itself, sorry for the lack of better
solutions,
VZ