lmi

Re: [lmi] product editor patch

From: Vaclav Slavik
Subject: Re: [lmi] product editor patch
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 20:12:49 +0100

Greg Chicares wrote:
> > * Bold labels with table's description near the top of database
> > editor don't wrap and don't fit into the window if it's too small
> > or the label too long.
>
> Would it be easy to make TreeGridViewBase::grid_label_ a
> multiline control?

Do you mean multiline wxTextCtrl or wxStaticText? The former would be
trivial to do, but it would be bad UI: editable control (even if in
read-only mode) would be used for non-editable label.

If the latter, then it's more complicated (and that's the reason why I
didn't do it yet): even though it is possible to have multiline
static text controls, you have to split the label manualy, using
using "\n". And that can never look well regardless of window size,
so it would be best to implement dynamic wrapping of the label to fit
into (all of) available space.

> > * There's views synchronizing code in documents classes. See here
> > for PolicyDocument, but it's not limited to this:
> > http://lmi.tt-solutions.com/codestriker/codestriker.pl?topic=3151
> >189&action=view&mode=2&brmode=1&fview=-1
>
> I think I'd rather apply only changes that you've reviewed
> yourself.

Yes, sorry -- what I meant was that the above patch wasn't included
because it needed more work.

> * For msw, I thought the numpad '*' and '/' keys normally worked
> like '+' and '-', but for all tree-control branches at once: i.e.,
> "expand all" and "collapse all", somewhat as described here:
>
> http://88.191.26.34/XYwiki/index.php/Tree
>
> But when I tried that with a treeview control in ms "control spy",
> only '*' had the effect I expected, and only when the root node
> was selected, so I guess wx is just doing whatever msw normally
> does.

I think wx just uses the native control without adding anything
nonstandard on top of it (Vadim, please correct me if I'm wrong).

> * A '.db4' file opens with the tree control bottom aligned, with
> its third (logical) item focused. I'd rather have it top aligned,
> with the first item focused, unless that contradicts the way msw
> normally does things. (Maybe this is observable only with the
> 800x600 resolution I use.)

I don't think I've ever seen this, in 800x600 or higher resolutions.
When I open samples.db4, the first item, "Loads" is selected and tree
control has focus. I'm not sure what you mean by "3rd item" ("Loans"
node?) an "bottom aligned" (no idea here). Would you have a
screenshot that shows the bug?

thanks,
Vaclav

--