lmi

Re: [lmi] xsl changes in cvs HEAD

From: Evgeniy Tarassov
Subject: Re: [lmi] xsl changes in cvs HEAD
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 21:06:18 +0200

On 7/10/07, Boutin, Wendy <address@hidden> wrote:

We've noticed the font size in the
pdf's is much larger than it was, which now causes
all column numbers to overflow to the next column.

I have partially unrolled '20070704T1250Z Refactor and reformat using
CSS shortcuts', which caused all the trouble. The issue is that
fop-0.20.5 does not support some CSS shortcuts ('font' in this case).
And my local testing script was unable to detect such a defective
change in fop-0.20.5 output.

The CSS shortcuts such as 'font', 'padding', 'border', etc are
extremely useful, because it allows to keep lines short and readable.
Compare:
 <fo:block font-weight="bold" font-size="10pt"
                font-family="sans-serif">Title</fo:block>
and the same code but using 'font' shortcut:
 <fo:block font="bold 10pt sans-serif">Title</fo:block>
It's a pity fop-0.20.5 does not support most of them -- that's what
keeps *.xsl files lines long.

For the reference -- the Apache-fop the compliance page:
http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/compliance.html#fo-property-font

--
Best wishes,
Evgeniy Tarassov