Re: [Linphone-developers] bug tracker

From: Test Sv
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] bug tracker
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2015 01:59:05 -0800

Hello;

I find the email from Anton Pomozov is very disappointing and concerning. The
email is nothing more than excuses and lip service.

He is trying to make sound that they received hundreds or thousands of emails
every day, and they need such a sophisticated and expensive system to manage
all of that info, while in reality, it is only one or few emails every day
(based on what I receive).

While many developers (including myself) are welling and able to help the
project in different ways, his response is: if you think you can do a better
job,, start your own fork and project yourself, instead of welcoming new
contributors to the projects as part of the team, as typical of the open source
community. I wonder if he will answer by saying that small team is easier to
manage?.

He is trying to give the impression that they do such a huge amount of work,
while in reality, they have not done any meaningful contribution to the project
for almost two years, and do not answer almost any of the emails thay get.

The project team is very secretive and closed in a very unusual way. There is
no openness or transparency of any kind, and do not welcome any outsiders. This
is completely against everything that the open source comunity represents.

He raised the issue of if someone has enough money, he can start his own fork
and project which raised another issue if the project team is working full time
on the project, and where they are getting their financial support?, if it is
their money, or from other sources?. However, once again the team is very
closed and secretive and do not welcome any outsiders?.

For the record, I noticed in the last few years that number of so called open
source project that operate in a similar fashion is increasing. There are even
few open source projects that do not disclose their source code?, so much for
the open source?.

Finally, I agree with the comment by another developer that linphone software
is a nice piece of software (but with many issues), and that is why they like
to support it, NOT to beak away?.

Regads;