Re: [Linphone-developers] bug tracker

From: Liviu Andronic
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] bug tracker
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2015 11:34:22 +0100

On Mon, Jan 12, 2015 at 11:16 AM, Anton Pomozov <address@hidden> wrote:
> It is not as simple as someone may imagine.
> "Just create bug-tracker" is a one small step at a long long yellow brick
> road.

Answering to a bug report on the ML, acknowledging that the issue
exists, trying to understand the exact conditions that trigger the
given issue, and simply giving a glimmer of hope that might be the
devels will take it under consideration in between the interminable
pile of existing bugs to fix and features to implement...

All of this is NOT as difficult as you make it sound like. And it is
certainly better and nicer than simply ignoring these reports and
users for years...

I guess the bottom line is that adopting more of the practices of
open-source projects would do a world of good to the community and to
the devels, allowing aggravating issues to be tracked down and fixed.
And thus improving the commercial prospects of the software.

Regards,
Liviu

PS My criticism on this matter notwithstanding, I have a lot of
admiration for the solid piece of software that Linphone is, and for
its continued development and maintenance. And I warmly thank the
Linphone devels for making it happen.