Re: Extracting a "score diff" from two [or more] Lilypond sources

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Extracting a "score diff" from two [or more] Lilypond sources
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2022 00:50:19 +0100

Kieren MacMillan <kieren@kierenmacmillan.info> writes:

> Hi Elaine,
>
>> You're probably not going to appreciate this suggestion,
>> because it does not aspire to the auto-magic you desire.
>> However, it is clear to me that the best practice for all software
>> dev is to use commit messages.
>
> I do appreciate the detailed and considered response.
>
> That being said…  ;)
>
> As with most of the programming I do — in Lilypond and otherwise — a
> primary goal of mine is to create things that are useful *for the
> largest number of people* (not just me). I think it's fair to state
> that the vast majority of people using Lilypond don't use version
> control.

So?  I can assure you my kitchen table is perfectly useful for me even
though the carpenter did not constrain themselves to use only the kind
of tools that I myself have in the house.

And frankly, I would not think of paying them for the additional effort
taken by hobbling themselves in that manner.

--
David Kastrup