Re: Extracting a "score diff" from two [or more] Lilypond sources

From: Valentin Petzel
Subject: Re: Extracting a "score diff" from two [or more] Lilypond sources
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2022 01:54:32 +0100

Hi Kieren,

While it is theoretically possible to compare two streams of music events it
would also require lots of logic to properly do what we want.

One way to achieve what you want could be storing the whole history in the
source.

I have recently sent out this showcase example of how we can store more
information in our score and then extract this information automatically.

For example you could save each change with the date when you did it and
suddenly you can very easily compare different states of the score.

A different idea might be to use the point and click information stored in the
pdf. We could parse both pdfs of point and click coordinates, use diffs of the
source files to translate these coordinates and this determine which parts of
the pdfs have changed (or are at least close to a change).

Cheers,
Valentin