Re: Feedback wanted: syntax highlighting in the LilyPond documentation

From: J Martin Rushton
Subject: Re: Feedback wanted: syntax highlighting in the LilyPond documentation
Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2022 12:19:25 +0000

Paul,

Sorry to disagree, but fixed pitch is _so_ much easier to lay out in an editor. Documentation flows nicely with variable pitch and fancy hidden formats, but for code (and Lily's input is a programming language) you just want the plain line-by-line ASCII. It is, as you say, industry standard; and that is for a good reason.

Regards,
Martin