Re: LilyPond website is not available in some countries

From: Omid Mo'menzadeh
Subject: Re: LilyPond website is not available in some countries
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2021 12:27:16 +0330

Thanks for the clarification. I personally think this is something we might want to consider if we have a major update or migration on the website in the future.

Thanks,
Omid Momenzadeh

On Tue, Nov 2, 2021 at 10:37 PM David Kastrup <dak@gnu.org> wrote:
"Omid Mo'menzadeh" <omid.mnzadeh@gmail.com> writes:

> Of course I do. What I wanted to make sure was that the maintainers and the
> community know this, and are OK with that. LilyPond is a GNU project after
> all, and I don't think this is a GNU policy at all, since no other GNU
> project that I know of does this.

Web hosting is done by Han-Wen (I think) who works at Google.  So that
was sort of a natural choice to make when we outgrew the previous
hosting.  So it's likely to be sort of a headache to move.

--
David Kastrup