Re: LilyPond website is not available in some countries

From: Omid Mo'menzadeh
Subject: Re: LilyPond website is not available in some countries
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2021 13:35:53 +0330

I'm not sure about the current state, but Azure and AWS didn't use to block IPs from Iran. We had the same problem when Gitlab migrated from Azure to GCP.

Note that non of them can do business with us, but serving a hosted website to us is not doing business. GCP seems to be the only one doing this.

But I will make sure about this and report back.

On Fri, Nov 5, 2021, 1:23 PM Kevin Barry <barrykp@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thank for the notice, and sorry for the mess. I didn't realize GCP
> doesn't serve to Iran. Do the other large US providers (Azure, AWS)
> serve to Iran, or are they also blocked?

I believe they will also be blocked. There is a list of (six I think)
countries that businesses based in the US are obliged to block access
from.