Re: LilyPond website is not available in some countries

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: LilyPond website is not available in some countries
Date: Sat, 6 Nov 2021 15:18:47 +0000

On 06/11/2021 14:06, Kevin Cole wrote:
I click Learning Manual. Still good. https remains. I am now at
https://lilypond.org/doc/v2.20/Documentation/learning/index#top

I click the search bar at the bottom of the green sidebar table of
contents... And get a pop-up in red text:

"This form is not secure. Autofill has been turned off."
I continue anyway. Aaaand. https has gone away, And v2.20 is now
v2.19. I am now at:

http://google.com/search?btnG=Google+Search&brute_query=beats&q=site%3Alilypond.org%2Fdoc%2Fv2.19+beats

"The information you’re about to submit is not secure"
"Because this form is being submitted using a connection that’s not secure,"
"your information will be visible to others."
I can (and do) click the "Send anyway" and get to what I want.
However, the fact remains that the search submission is clearly not
playing by the same rules as the rest of the links.

Folks can blame the browser (or the user) but the behavior remains
unexpected. and again, not something I encounter on any other site.

If you were to upgrade to the latest stable release, instead of using one about 18 months old, you would find the search bar works correctly and points to the https page.  The pages for 2.20 are clearly wrong in pointing at 2.19, but I would not have expected them to point to the https pages because of their age.

--

Phil Holmes